After the Oscars on Sunday, I have suddenly developed the desire to see a bunch of movies. (That’s probably one of the numerous reasons why they air the Oscars to begin with, to get people like me back in the theater seats.)
In result, I’ve come up with a list of movies I’d like to see for reasons of my own. In no specific order:
- The Adventures of Tintin – I love (and am going through withdrawals from) Steven Moffat’s writing, and I’m sorely disappointed I didn’t fully make the connection before. I don’t care if it’s animated.
- Hugo – Even before it was winning 150 awards, I wanted to see it. Still do. I don’t care that it’s animated either.
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy – Two words: Benedict Cumberbatch. 🙂
- The Muppets – I’ve been wanting to see this since long before it showed up in the theater the first time. I love Kermit.
- The Help – I’ll admit that I wanted to see this because it’s been such a media hog. But I’ve yet to go.
All of them are in the cheap theater in town. The only major problem with most of these is that I don’t allow myself to watch a book-based movie until after I’ve read the book. And for that reason, I’ll probably be seeing The Hunger Games in the cheap theater or on my TV as well.
Who wants to help me cross some of these off my list?