I know, it’s almost half-way through the month, and most people are posting these to their Facebook statuses, but I figured I’d start it out on here and add to it daily from there. So, without further ado, here goes. Continue reading
Tag Archives: happy
For a better part of a year now, I’ve been driving a car from the 90s. While I’m very thankful to have a vehicle to get me from one place to another, there are select features that I wouldn’t be opposed to upgrading.
For instance, the tape deck.
Yes, I said it. The tape deck.
I haven’t listened to cassette tapes since we would take youth group road trips in high school, so that and the radio are all the music I have to listen to while driving. I miss being able to put a CD in, but I’ll take what I can get.
Enter the mixtapes made by my 17-year-old self.
I apologize to anyone I used to subject to the randomness of these things! Wow! There were some bad combinations of songs on those things.
One tape I do find amusing to still sing along to, however, is one I actually titled (a rarity back in those days). It was called “Happy”, probably because most of the songs just plain make me smile even if I’m having a rough day.
Here are some of the songs from that tape (but not all of them):
- “I’m So Happy” by Hokus Pick
- “Super Good Feeling” by Bleach
- “Hold On” by Shine MK
- “Pressing On” by Relient K
- “Hey, Hey” by The Elms
- “La La Land” by All Star United
- “Alright” by Superchick
- “9 Point 8” by Riley Armstrong
- “The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes” by Smalltown Poets
- “When It Comes” by Plankeye
- “The Comfort Song” by Hokus Pick
- “Love Liberty Disco” by Newsboys
The only thing that makes me sad about these songs now is I wonder what ever happened to most of them.
And that it wasn’t until much later when I was introduced to the song “International Mystery Man” by The Lads.
I promise I won’t be posting a new list every day. It’s just that some days just seem significantly better than others. Today was one of those days, especially after having some discouraging news yesterday. Here are some (not all) of the reasons I like today:
– I made it to work on time this morning, something I’ve been struggling with lately. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
– I received some major compliments on some graphics work I’d done.
– I was able to get something off my chest that was bothering me without the other person being too offended.
– I have an evening at home, not out running.
– A Jarritos pop for lunch.
– Cindy & I had a wonderful conversation today.
– A great playlist of music to listen to for the day.
What makes a day especially great for you?