Don’t let the title mislead you. I really enjoy parties, both attending and hosting them. However, there are a few things about them that I do not like.
- I get too excited. I love being around people so much that my intensity level flies through the roof. My loudness has been known to irritate people on more than one occasion. This happens more when the party is held indoors and I feel boxed in.
- I hate the loneliness that comes afterward. This makes it hard for me to leave. I don’t like that I have a hard time doing so, but it’s something I am slowly beginning to break. It also puts me in a funk for a couple days after.
- Somehow someone always feels excluded. Whether they weren’t invited or they come and no one talks to them, it is never a good thing.
- I always manage bringing home leftovers of some sweet food or drink. I have two open bottles of pop in my fridge for this reason.
- If I’m hosting, I have to clean. While motivation for cleaning my apartment is often one of the reasons I have people over, I can’t say that I enjoy it. It just gives me a reward at the end.